Topic: New to distilling

I've been brewing for 30 odd years and now would like to learn about spirit making.
Thanks

Re: New to distilling

Welcome aboard, we look forward to your contributions.

Welcome, your brewing experience gives you an edge over members with no experience. Keep us posted!

Welcome Down The Rabbit Hole!
:obscene-drinkingcheers:

Welcome to the forum, 30 years a brewing is good, im assuming you ventured into grain brewing and didnt just stay happy with brewing the can muck?...looking forward to your posts. :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Thanks all. To JayD - no - I never did get to do my own grain but I've tried a few shop outputs - very nice.
50 odd years ago I began brewing but the result was not great so I gave it away for a long time. Then a friend gave me
some stubbies from a Coopers can mix and I was back into it :)

Looking forward to stilling but can't get on to 5 Star for products.

Thanks again

Ah - I was able to contact Andrew today and have now ordered a pot still from him.
Thanks to everyone on this site. You've given me valuable information and helped me to avoid purchasing a crap shoot product.
Thanks again.
Cheers

We have builders on this site that have earned the right to sell, and by purchasing from them support the good information that is provided on Modern. hope it works well for you.

Thanks JayD - hope you're talking about 5 Star here :)

mako wrote:Thanks JayD - hope you're talking about 5 Star here :)

They are not authorised to sell from Modern Distillers.

Ah - thanks JayD - no money gone yet. PM me please with your lineup.
Or - send me a link
Thanks

From stuff I'd read, I assumed 5Star to be manufactured in Oz. It seems not to be the case.
I'd like my money to go to an Oz builder of quality products.
Send me some info someone please.

If you are looking for a basic pot still plenty of guys would happy to guide you through it should you care to make it your self. It's easier than you think fun and you can real sense of satisfaction do it but if that is not something you'd like to take a swing at there are a number of blokes that could do it for ya for a price, JayD's workmanship is pretty good for one :handgestures-thumbupright:

Thanks crow - I plan to make something later but right now I need something ASAP.

mako wrote:Ah - thanks JayD - no money gone yet. PM me please with your lineup.
Or - send me a link
Thanks

pm sent, talk soon.

Damn - can't seem to edit old post.

Tell me what you would like edited and I will fix it for you

Welcome to the forum Mako :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Welcome to the Forum Mako.
Hi, like you I started out with canned stuff about early 90's with a girlfriend who's father made some nice'ish beers but we could never get the taste acceptable.
Started again some time later & I think the quality of the canned stuff had improved but since buying a Robo-Brew set up & doing it with grain I haven't looked back.
Mind you I did make a few quick canned batches after working out town for a while to replenish my depleted stock of keg beer, but all going well for time I will be doing a few grain batches to ferment while I'm doing an Internship in Distilling over-seas later this month.
CHEERS TT